Well, as every year I am thinking about this nearly gone year and my goals...I wasn´t really effective with them*sigh*...well, I took part in less exchanges but I still counted 18, most of them were stitching related but some were also German knitting exchanges;-)) This was much better than in 2008 but still tooo much....I joined just one exchange right now for the new year and this is how it will go during the whole year;-))
Another goal was to stitch the "Me and my neighborhood RR"...shame on me, I just stitched one little house...well, this is what I am planning again for the new year...to stitch at least one house per month;-))
UFOs: I didn´t finish a single one....just some WIPs are finished and new "smalls"....well, most of my Ufos are large pieces and I am still not keen on stitching large ones...BUT I will try to do my best next year....do you remember this post...I just picked out one of the smaller UFOs and started yesterday...will show it to you when completely finished...that´s another goal for the new year...to finish all my stitching right after stitching is complete, my box with stitched pieces is overflowing;-))
Knitting: I re-discovered it after years and what do you think, have I done??? Ohhh yes, I produced morer UFOs...knitted ones...there were shawls, socks and scarves and even a vest....don´t want to tell you more, I just will do my best to finish some next year...I guess most of ypou know Ravelry??? I found lots of really nice patterns there, printed them out and now there are two files full of paper waiting to be knitted;-)))
Well, after seeing all these, it just could be better next year;-)) The only thing which worked really fine: I hardly bought any new stitching charts...just tons of yarn and beads and books to knit and bead;-))
My goals for next year:
- very very less exchanges
- to finish lots of UFOs.....completely finished....
- learning how beadeds beads can be made, I would love to have a necklace with lots of beaded beads;-))
- to loose weight and I really mean a lot of weight.....this is something I never mentioned here on my blog...so perhaps you can try to motivate me every now and then;-)))
That´s it for now, if you want to see some pics of my exchanges I made and got, or some Biscornus, just look at the previous post, it´s the same just in German;-)))
Happy new year to all my blog readers;-)
Gaby
Another goal was to stitch the "Me and my neighborhood RR"...shame on me, I just stitched one little house...well, this is what I am planning again for the new year...to stitch at least one house per month;-))
UFOs: I didn´t finish a single one....just some WIPs are finished and new "smalls"....well, most of my Ufos are large pieces and I am still not keen on stitching large ones...BUT I will try to do my best next year....do you remember this post...I just picked out one of the smaller UFOs and started yesterday...will show it to you when completely finished...that´s another goal for the new year...to finish all my stitching right after stitching is complete, my box with stitched pieces is overflowing;-))
Knitting: I re-discovered it after years and what do you think, have I done??? Ohhh yes, I produced morer UFOs...knitted ones...there were shawls, socks and scarves and even a vest....don´t want to tell you more, I just will do my best to finish some next year...I guess most of ypou know Ravelry??? I found lots of really nice patterns there, printed them out and now there are two files full of paper waiting to be knitted;-)))
Well, after seeing all these, it just could be better next year;-)) The only thing which worked really fine: I hardly bought any new stitching charts...just tons of yarn and beads and books to knit and bead;-))
My goals for next year:
- very very less exchanges
- to finish lots of UFOs.....completely finished....
- learning how beadeds beads can be made, I would love to have a necklace with lots of beaded beads;-))
- to loose weight and I really mean a lot of weight.....this is something I never mentioned here on my blog...so perhaps you can try to motivate me every now and then;-)))
That´s it for now, if you want to see some pics of my exchanges I made and got, or some Biscornus, just look at the previous post, it´s the same just in German;-)))
Happy new year to all my blog readers;-)
Gaby
Best of luck in your New Year goals, a couple of things I can tell you is: I'm happier doing virtually NO exchanges and just stitching for ME and that losing weight and continuing my journey losing it has enhanced my life :)
AntwortenLöschenMay your New Year be filled with health, happiness, prosperity and many blessings!
Hugs and love,
Vonna